Whenever your mood goes down, or you are into some bad phase of life, your metabolism goes slow, and body functions tend to flicker. Hence, the mind adjusts your body according to the depressed conditions of it. Some neurotransmitters are released by the brain to govern your mood.
What Type Of Exercise Increases Serotonin?
If it is happiness, sadness, pain, anger, or anxiety, or anything, all your feelings are generally made over by our minds. Neurotransmitters are chemicals that act as a messenger to signal your brain to derive the mood according to the emotion you feel.
Serotonin: Mood Enhancer
Out of many other neurotransmitters working out there in your body like dopamine, acetylcholine, serotonin, etc. some of them work positively while the others. Serotonin is a mood enhancer, and it also helps your body to perform smooth digestion. This chemical is commonly called as Happy chemical, and its chemical formula is named as 5 hydroxytryptamines.
The exact function of serotonin is yet unknown, but it mainly tickles with your nervous system and affects your emotions, sleep-wake cycles, etc. It has been said that serotonin leads to mood management. Serotonin deficiency may lead you towards depression.
Deficiency Symptoms of Serotonin
Let’s talk about a little over the symptoms, which might appear when serotonin levels go down in your body. Monitoring these, you can easily make up about the falling standards of serotonin in your body. Depression and other mood swings can be controlled by managing the serotonin levels in your body. Here are a few symptoms you would like to see:
- Low self-esteem and feeling alone might be the first symptoms of depression.
- Anxiety can be a symptom as well.
- Other than that Aggression, difficulty in sleeping and insomnia like situations are some of the few symptoms of lack of serotonin.
- It is absolutely a symptom of craving for food especially sweet or starchy food is a symptom of depression.
- Other than that poor memory, forgetting about things, distressed mood, offensive reactions all of this can be symptoms of depression.
Ways in which You can Increase your Serotonin levels
Neurotransmitters are chemical messengers who help the brain to understand all kinds of emotions. Emotions and feelings originally are derived from these chemicals only. Talking about serotonin, it is a neurotransmitter that controls your mood and emotions. Hence you can increase serotonin in your body by following methods:-
- Consuming great food. Instead of a diet with lots of nutritious parts in it like carbohydrates, fats, proteins, etc. Talking, in a nutshell, a tryptophan-rich food can make you buck up in your serotonin levels.
- Its the bright light, which also helps to increase the serotonin levels in the body. Going out in the sun and soaking some light might help because studies have shown that while winters, the serotonin levels go down instead of the summers in which the serotonin levels go down.
- Protein supplements like the one which increases the presence of tryptophan in your body can increase serotonin in the body.
- Massage therapy also helps while releasing the depression of your body and making your mood alright and also to increase serotonin levels in your blood. Not only serotonin but all mood-related changes occur due to massage.
- Conclusively it is the exercise that makes your serotonin levels high, and your mood looks fresh.
Exercises That Help You to Increase Serotonin Levels
There are many ways to freshen up your mood. At this moment, we have a list of exercises that would help you to get up with your serotonin levels.
- Swimming: When you swim, your muscles relax, and hence your mood swings go, and you feel light
- Bicycling: Cycling in the morning is a newer experience each time you get on your bicycles. So lighten up your mood and go out for a bicycle ride that would significantly increase your serotonin levels.
- Walking: In this time of motors and vehicles, it is essential to walk some times for long because walking makes your mood relax.
- Jogging: Jog a mile. It’s only the best option to let go off your sadness. Improvise your mood to improve your serotonin.