Everyone sets up various goals in life but this is the easy part, however, achieving this et goal is the toughest thing. Many people start achieving early success in their set goal however, after a set period of time this becomes stagnant and they lose the motivation to carry it further.
How To Start Working Towards Your Goal
Before personally running behind your milestone, you need to make a mindset of never giving up which will help you attain this goal much more easily
Here are the Golden rules one must follow in order to achieve their goal
- Make realistic targets – People often before starting a goal keep very big or high targets which are not achievable at the current stage. They compare their goal with people who are already very far ahead in the race. For example, many people go to the gym and try to lift 20 kgs and 40 kgs which is not at all advised if you are quite new to this. Doing so will tear your muscle ligaments and also make a bad body posture as wrong lifting of heavy items will put a strain on your spine
- Goals that Motivate you – You Should chase the goals that you enjoy and not just because others are doing so. If the milestone excites you, you`ll work more diligently on achieving the particular goal and you wont need any external factor for motivation. Always have the answer to why you are achieving this target so whenever in doubt this solution will help you move ahead.
- Pen Down your Goals – Always pen down your goals and put this somewhere where you can see this list. If you physically write this it stimulates in your brain that this goal is real and it releases the dopamine hormone, once the goal is achieved. The dopamine is what causes happy thoughts in our brain.
- Don’t Make too many Goals at a time – All of us wants to achieve many goals in life, and because of this we make plans to achieve all of them together. This is the first mistake in working towards your goals. You should only make a said amount of goals at a time so as to obtain better results and better probability in fulfilling them. One can make combined goals like eating healthy and staying fit as both these goals go in unison with one another as one needs the right amount of calories and nutrients to keep their body fit and fine.
- Weekly milestones – When working on your bigger target keep small milestones along the way. This will give you a purpose of fulfilment when you achieve small targets. For example one can keep small targets like losing a said amount of calories during a particular week and while doing so by the end of the zone they will have a good sense of their goal and much clear path.
- Announce your Goals – This plays a vital role in completing your goals. Once you announce your goals there is a tendency that you`ll work more towards achieving the said target. Many people announce that they are going to the gym which in turn motivates them and they get a adrenaline rush throughout their body. The adrenaline rush keeps your mind active and focuses on reaching the particular goal.
- Don’t Stop Mid way – Many people lose motivation while going through this journey of change. This is mostly because they see stagnant results and not much improvement which they saw in the earlier phases of the journey. This can be very well explained in the example of someone who wants to lose weight. In the initial days weight losee is pretty easy, but as the days progresses you see that the weight loss is getting reduced as it was in the starting zone, this is mainly because there are you start losing muscles and muscles help in metabolizing the calories, the only way around of this is to cut down on your calorie in take or increase your work out routine. This stagnant behaviour in weight loss is known as weight loss plateau.
All in all, make sure to celebrate all your little achievements as you go through this journey of change.
You Might Like To Read This: How Do You Start Manifesting Your Dreams And Desires