Hypothyroidism is a condition of the body in which the production of thyroid hormones is low. The thyroid gland is a small butterfly-like structure situated at the neck region. It creates hormones that give the body enough energy to function properly. It provides energy to most of the organs in the body. It controls the digestive system and also maintains the effectiveness of a healthy heart. Without sufficient thyroid hormones, the proper functioning of all organs in the body is complicated.
Best Natural Remedies for Hypothyroidism!
Thyroid utilizes minerals like iodine to produce hormones such as thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3). The pituitary gland activates thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) that activates the production of hormones in the thyroid gland. Hypothalamus also controls the gland for hormone production. It produces hormone calcitonin that helps cells of bone to collect calcium to the bone. Certain diseases obstruct the production of thyroid hormones that decrease the energy level in the body.
Causes of Hypothyroidism or Underactive thyroid
- Sometimes the self-immune system of the body attacks the thyroid gland. It harms the functioning of hormones of the thyroid, resulting in loss of energy in the body.
- The deficiency of iodine causes underactive thyroid as iodine is highly essential for the production of hormones of the thyroid.
- Major minerals like magnesium, zinc, and protein are necessary for the thyroid to work properly.
- If one has hyperthyroidism in which thyroid hormones production rate is high and undergoes medication, there is a high chance that the rate of thyroid hormone can be extremely low.
- Pesticides or a considerable amount of chemicals inside the body can harm the thyroid gland and lower the rate of hormones.
- Cancer in the neck area can also obstruct the hormone production of the thyroid gland. Radiation used in this treatment slows down the hormones leading to hypothyroidism.
- Certain medicines react to the thyroid gland adversely while lowering the production rate of hormones.
Some Natural Remedies For Treating Hypothyroidism
Majority of the people nowadays suffer from hypothyroidism because of improper diet. Lack of thyroid generating minerals in the body can cause obesity, fatigue, and tiredness. It can degrade the health quality and create many health problems. Good health should be the priority of a person as it also relates and synchronizes with mental health.
Control in diet structure
A proper list of food items will help you to know the minerals needed to cure and the quantity of consumption. Some important foods to include in the diet are:
- Selenium-based foods like tuna fish, nuts, and meat can help to increase the thyroxine levels in the body. Selenium is an element that improves thyroid metabolism.
- An increase in the intake of vitamin A in the diet can support the creation of hormones of thyroid in the body. Some vitamin A foods are carrots, eggs, etc.
- Include probiotic products in the diet plan. Probiotic food items create good bacteria in the gut, which can lead to maintain a healthy stomach and intestine. Probiotic foods are yogurt, cheese, fermented drinks, etc.
- Foods that have a rich source of zinc such as chicken, beef, and nuts.
- Consume various seafood that has a high amount of iodine like fishes, arame, nori, kelp, etc.
- Eat protein-rich food items that can aid in improving the function of the thyroid. Organic grass-fed meats and fish have protein. Other protein-rich items are quinoa, nut butter, legumes, and many more.
- Healthy fats eliminate the imbalance of hormones in the body. Some natural fats are cheese, nut butter, probiotic yogurt, coconut milk, flax seeds, olive oil, etc.
- Vitamin B-12 heals tiredness and fatigue caused by an underactive thyroid. Beans and peas, sesame seeds, eggs, milk, and cheese increase vitamin b-12 levels in the body.
Lowering specific food consumption will also help in treating thyroid hormonal imbalance. The reduction of some food elements is sugar, saturated fats, refined foods, and wheat flour. Gluten products have higher chances of attacking the thyroid from the immune system. So, one should only eat gluten-free products. Certain vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, pears diminish the levels of thyroxine.
Reduce stress levels in the body
Stress is a great factor that leads to a decrease in the production of thyroid hormones. Excessive stress levels in the body can worsen the health condition, too, creating numerous issues. These health issues obstruct the thyroid gland in producing an adequate amount of hormones, and thus body function slows down. Try avoiding stress by doing meditation, and good sleep is also the best way to remove stress.
Exercises to eliminate Hypothyroidism
Correct exercise will support you in feeling better by reducing weight and provide enough energy to fight underactive thyroid. Performing workouts is effective for increasing the growth rate of thyroid hormones. Some of these exercises are squats, one-legged deadlift, push up, overhead press. If these exercises are difficult for you, you can try doing easy exercises or yoga that can help to increase thyroid levels.
All the methods can help in treating hypothyroidism at a basic level. But one must consider a doctor for better treatment of underactive thyroid.