LESS 2012 Conference on Agile-Lean Leadership and Management
September 16, 2012 Leave a comment
The Lean Enterprise Software and Systems conference is a very special conference series that I have had the privilege to be involved with as both speaker and organizer since it began in 2010. LESS is the Lean and Agile conference with a specific focus on Leadership and Management. I am part of the organizing committee planning to bring the conference to Galway in 2013 – more on that later.
Discount for Irish Community
If you are part of the Agile – Lean community in Ireland, contact me for a discount code that will get you a discount on conference registration. The final program will be announced in October. Already there are confirmed keynotes form Jurgen Appelo and Esko Kilpi. By registering now you will have the opportunity to shape the direction and content of the conference.
About LESS 2012
I am posting the following text at the request of the LESS organization group:
This year we have selected 5 main core topics for our learning journey:
- Lean/Agile product development: what are the latest developer in Lean/Agile? What have we, as a learning community experimented with in the last 12 months since we met in Stockholm for #LESS2011? This track will answer these questions and bring concrete examples of Lean/Agile product development from software and other industries.
- Lean Startup: an exciting new way to look at product and business development that brings together Lean and Agile approaches. How can Lean Startup revolutionize how we manage our businesses or develop our products?
- Beyond Budgeting: innovation comes in many forms. Beyond Budgeting started as a learning journey for management communities in Europe and is now a major active movement seeking a different approach to the management of organizations. In this track we will hear about the latest developments in the Beyond Budgeting community.
- Management Innovation: the world is changing fast, but management of organizations has been standing still. There are communities dedicated to changing how we view and understand the role of management. This track brings ideas from different communities with the focus on radical new ideas about managing organizations.
- Management Frameworks: often large changes start from specific problems that lead us to develop a specific tool or framework. In this track we intend to cover those practical steps in applying new ideas from several different communities.
The call of sessions is now open http://bit.ly/LESS2012_cfs.
We have also opened the preregistration for #LESS2012: http://bit.ly/NOOV0g
By preregistering you will get a chance to directly influence the format and content for the conference. Preregistering is your Real Option to have a say in how the conference is shaped. Preregister now and get a discount of 100eur in the final conference ticket. Preregistration ends on July 31st.
You can help spread the word about #LESS2012 by tweeting or posting on Facebook with the hash-tag #LESS2012 and linking to the conference web-site at http://www.less2012.org.
The #LESS organization group